The challenges of being in (the wrong) business
Don't optimize for the horse you're riding if you're riding the wrong horse
Justin is joined by podcast producer Chris Enns to talk about:
- How do you get Alexis Ohanian (cofounder of Reddit, married to Serena Williams) as a client?
- Getting out of the wrong business, into something better.
- Why you should get out of your comfort zone (and your town!)
- "We're all running the same race; how come that person is so far ahead of me?"
- Hire Chris to edit your podcast: www.lemonproductions.ca
- Alexis Ohanian's podcast: businessdad.initialized.com
- When to move on: justinjackson.ca/moving-on
- Scott Young: Success is stamina
- Good businesses have margin: justinjackson.ca/margin
- Latitude Podcast: www.createlatitude.com/podcast
Ladybug podcast: https://www.ladybug.dev/
You can reply to this podcast here:
- Leave a comment on PodHunt; it's like Reddit, but for podcasts.
- Leave a comment on Breaker, the podcast app for iPhone.
- Interact on WhatPods.
- Otherwise, get us on Twitter: @transistorfm or email us: email@example.com
Thanks to our monthly supporters:
- Ward from MemberSpace.com
- Eric Lima
- James Sowers (like Flowers) with UserInput.io
- Travis Fischer
- Matt Buckley, from NiceThings.io
- Russell Brown
- Evandro Sasse
- Pradyumna Shembekar (PD), pradyumna.dev
- Noah Prail, eventOneHQ.com
- Robert Simplicio, Simplicio.com
- Colin Gray alitu.com
- Josh Smith, hellosift.com
- Ivan Curkovic
- Brian Rhea (Pronounced “Ray”)
- Shane Smith, dev.transistor.fm
- Austin Loveless
- Simon Bennett, saasreality.com
- Michael Sitver, letterjoy.co
- Paul Jarvis and Jack Ellis, usefathom.com
- Dan Buda danbuda.com
- Darby Frey
- Samori Augusto, thebicrowd.com
- Dave Young, magnusrush.com/
- Brad from Canada
- Sammy Schuckert
- Mike Walker
- Adam DuVander
- Dave Giunta (JOOnta)
- Kyle Fox GetRewardful.com