What are you scared of?
When you're running a web app, there are worries that keep you up at night.
- We’ve opened up early access! We’ve been inviting people by email.
- We currently have 15 shows on our platform. In four months, we’ve served 2,335,033 downloads!
- So far: great feedback and feature requests.
- We have a bunch of folks in our trial funnel. We’ll start seeing whether people convert to paying accounts on April 6.
- XOXO is back!
Top fears when you're building a SaaS
- Can our servers handle the load? (So far, so good: over 2 million downloads)
- Will the user experience be good?
- Are we building the right tools?
- Uptime. There's this added layer of stress, because you don't want to let users down.
- Lack of time to build an app on the side.
- Or, working too much and burning out!
Two co-founders can't go out drinking the same night, unless they're in the same room. 😜
How to get over your fears
- Don't focus on your competition; focus on your customers!
- Listen to your customers. Get on the phone with them. Read their emails. Do live chat.
- Get paying customers as soon as you can. Listen to their feedback.
- Your ego is the enemy. You're putting your product out into the world so people get value from it.
- Put things in context: sure, this might not work out. But that's not the worst thing that could happen.
How to get over your fears?
Send us a tweet (@transistorfm), or email us: email@example.com. We'd love your audio clips as well!
- Blog post: Why I'm building a SaaS in 2018
- Blog post: SaaS is ripe for disruption
- Adii Pienaar on customer support
- A checklist for product validation
- Book: Ego is the enemy
- Transistor.fm on Instagram
- Transistor.fm on Twitter