Interesting ways you can use a podcast
Ideas on why you should podcast, and how you can use your podcast to reach your goals
Why do you want to start a podcast?
- Grow your business:
- Grow your audience: Matt and Alex with Supercomputer
- Get ad sponsorships: you'll need a really big audience for this (30,000+ downloads per episode)
- Patreon: you'll need a fairly large audience (Taylor Jackson has 160,000 YouTube subscribers)
- Sell your own products / services: in addition to ads, Adam Wathan promotes his course on his podcast
- Connect with your audience: Taylor Jackson Photography
- Increase social proof.
- Identify yourself as an expert.
- Contribute to a community, or industry, or culture: Ashley Baxter’s Bootstrapping Digest
- Put your POV out in the world: Rework, Good News Podcast
Ideas on how you can use your podcast to reach your goals:
- Private feed just for your team / employees
- Q&A: get users, customers, audience to leave you a voicemail. Answer 1 question per week.
- Interview your customers: interview 1 customer per week. Ask them about their business, how they’re using your product.
- Expert tips: if you’re a professional (lawyer, accountant, coach), give your listeners an actionable piece of advice every week. Give them one thing to improve every week.
- Read your blog posts: already writing a blog post ever week? Just read it “audible” style for your audience.
- Recycle your best talks / videos.
- Conferences: give attendees a private feed of all the talks!
- Share your journey.
- The 8 types of podcast formats
- Leave us a question at transistor.fm/voicemail. We will answer those next week during American Thanksgiving show.
- Create a podcast for your employees
What do you think?
- Leave a comment on Breaker, the podcast app for Android and iPhone.
- Leave a comment on CastBox, the podcast app for Android and iPhone.
- Leave a comment on Tung.fm
- Otherwise, get us on Twitter: @transistorfm or email us: email@example.com
- Create your own podcast at transistor.fm
Thanks to our Patreon supporters:
- Colin Gray – Alitu.com
- Samori Augusto
- Mike Walker
- Brad (from Canada)
- Darby Frey
- Kevin Markham
- Adam Duvander
- Dave Giunta (JOOnta)