"I can't believe you're using that in production"
Also: we were wrong about our target market.
More honest updates from Jon and Justin on what it's like to be building Transistor.fm:
- People can't believe that we're using this in production.
- Why SaaS feels better than other businesses we've been involved with.
- "Kubernetes sounds like a Russian swat squad."
- There's a temptation to over-engineer things; but there's only two of us working on Transistor!
- The enterprise sales process seems like it's too much for our small bootstrapped company.
- Looking back, we were wrong about who are customers were going to be.
- You won't believe what Justin's been sending to customers. 😳
★ Thanks to our sponsors:
- ProfitWell gives you free subscription metrics for your SaaS. Just plug in your billing system (Stripe, Zuora, Braintree, Chargebee, Recurly are all supported) and get free access to your MRR, churn, cohorts. Sign up for free at profitwell.com.
- Redash is is a BI tool for people who love SQL. Connect your database, query, visualize and share your data in minutes. Mention "Build your SaaS podcast" and get 50% off your first 3 months! Sign up at redash.io
- Tweet from Caddy's engineer
- Podcast: Protect the Hustle
- Podcast: Not Overthinking
- Ruben's new app: Docsketch
You can reply to this podcast here:
- Leave a comment on Breaker, the podcast app for Android and iPhone.
- Leave a comment on CastBox, the podcast app for Android and iPhone.
- Otherwise, get us on Twitter: @transistorfm or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to our monthly supporters:
- Josh Smith
- Ivan Curkovic
- Brian Rhea
- Miguel Piedrafita
- Shane Smith
- Austin Loveless
- Simon Bennett
- Corey Haines
- Michael Sitver
- Paul Jarvis and Jack Ellis
- Dan Buda danbuda.com
- Darby Frey
- Samori Augusto
- Dave Young
- Brad from Canada
- Kevin Markham
- Sammy Schuckert
- Dan Ericson
- Mike Walker
- Adam DuVander
- Dave Giunta (JOOnta)