How to find the right customers for your software business
There are different tiers of customers: B2C, B2B, B2Enterprise. Which is right for you?
In this episode, we talk about the different types of customers for a SaaS:
- B to C: selling to consumers. Here, we'd think of products and services like Verizon, iPhone apps, etc...
- B to Prosumer: selling to prosumers. Prosumers are power users; serious hobbyists. Sometimes, they earn a bit of money from their hobby. Examples: a photographer who shoots a few weddings a year, a painter who sells a few paintings on the side, or a podcaster who has a few supporters on Patreon.
- B to Aspirational: selling to aspirational business owners. Rob Walling uses Pat Flynn's "Smart Passive Income" audience as an example. Sometimes called "wantrepreneurs," these are folks who are willing to invest money in their business startup.
- B to very small business: selling to solopreneurs, or teams of 2-3.
- B to small business: this is selling to regular small businesses. Loosely defined as teams of 10-100.
- B to enterprise: depending on the industry, "enterprise" might mean any company with more than 250 people. However, "large enterprise" is probably 5,000+.
★ Thanks to our sponsors:
- Alitu.com: Alitu removes all the tech headaches associated with producing your podcast. They take care of processing, editing & publishing your podcast. Go to Alitu.com and check out their video demo.
- Podcastinsights.com: If you want to get into podcasting, check out Podcast Insights. They’re a great resource for folks who want to start and grow a podcast. Podcast equipment guides, how to make money. Join millions of readers learning all about how to start, grow, and monetize a podcast at podcastinsights.com.
- Want to podcast in 2019? Transistor is cooking up something special for the new year.
- Startups for the Rest of Us: 421
- Jason Cohen interview on Product People: 98
- Transistor's revenue numbers are public
- Mike Vardy's podcast
- Taylor Jackson's photography podcast
- Jason Resnick's podcast
- Matt's Bet on the Web show for Ionic
- Cards Against Humanity's podcast
- Drift's podcast
- ProfitWell's podcast
What do you think?
- Leave a comment on Breaker, the podcast app for Android and iPhone.
- Leave a comment on CastBox, the podcast app for Android and iPhone.
- Otherwise, get us on Twitter: @transistorfm or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create your own podcast at transistor.fm
Thanks to our Patreon supporters:
- Samori Augusto
- Mike Walker
- Brad (from Canada)
- Darby Frey
- Kevin Markham
- Adam Duvander
- Dan Ericson
- Sammy Schuckert
- Dave Giunta (JOOnta)