"Customer Support may be the most under-appreciated role in SaaS."
Helen and Justin talk about the importance of customer support for indie SaaS companies.
- 1:08 The hardest part about podcasting is doing it every week
- 1:38 We just launched the new podcast website themes feature.
- 2:24 Getting feedback, or seeing people use your product, is fuel for indie makers
- 6:08 Helen's experience doing Customer Success for other companies: education, ConvertKit, MakerPad.
- 8:53 Justin's tweet: "Customer Support is the most under-appreciated role in SaaS."
- 10:00 The different forms of customer support: pre-sales, in-depth bug fixing, answering questions.
- 12:45 How does the Transistor team differ when we do support?
- 14:39 What Justin's learned from Helen in terms of giving better customer service
- 17:25 People expect us to be bots
- 17:45 The number of tickets we get each week: it's about ~100 conversations per week:
- 60-70% of those are new conversations,
- 30-40% is us responding to existing threads.
- 18:55 How we manage live chat so we can answer people fairly quickly
- 29:10 More tips for indie hackers who are doing customer support
What should we talk about next?
- Twitter: @buildyoursaas, @mijustin, @jonbuda, @jsonpearl, and @helenryles
- Leave a review/comment on Podchaser; it's like Reddit, but for podcasts.
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to our monthly supporters:
- Mitchell Davis from RecruitKit.com.au
- Marcel Fahle, wearebold.af
- Alex Payne
- Bill Condo
- Anton Zorin from ProdCamp.com
- Harris Kenny, Intro CRM podcast
- Oleg Kulyk
- Ethan Gunderson
- Chris Willow
- Ward Sandler, Memberspace
- Russell Brown, Photivo.com
- Noah Prail
- Colin Gray
- Austin Loveless
- Michael Sitver
- Paul Jarvis and Jack Ellis, Fathom
- Dan Buda
- Darby Frey
- Brad from Canada
- Adam DuVander
- Dave Giunta (JOOnta)
- Kyle Fox GetRewardful.com
Want to start a podcast on Transistor? Justin has a special coupon for you: get 15% off your first year of hosting: transistor.fm/justin★ Support this podcast on Patreon ★