Change is in the air
Do you feel it?
Hear what's new from Jon and Justin on their bootstrapping journey:
- Nothing like throwing yourself down a mountain when you're tired
- We're seeing a big increase in support tickets here at the end of August
- Justin has a theory: more support tickets is leading indicator for an increase in revenue
- "When people have 'summer brain' they don't want to think about work."
- Jon's learned some things about how enterprise sales really work
- Listener Sarah McMullin gave us some great advice on enterprise sales as well
- Jon tells us about doing the Ironman in Traverse City and how much time he spent in the penalty box
- How does Slack and Tuple do enterprise billing?
- We're going to try to use the "Shape Up" philosophy for making business decisions too.
- Justin's thinking about how Transistor can clarify its positioning: “Who is this for?” “What challenge are they facing?” “How does your product help overcome the challenge?”
- April Dunford on positioning: the market categories we choose make it easier to market the product. "People make decisions based on what they already know."
- Dark mode player coming soon!
- "Unix came about because Bell Labs hired smart people and gave them the freedom to amuse themselves, trusting that their projects would be useful more often than not." – Unix at 50
★ Thanks to our sponsors:
- ActiveCampaign. Get the world's most advanced marketing & sales automation platform. Use the code activecampaign.com/buildyoursaas and get two months free + 2 free One-on-Ones!
- New: Honeybadger. A web developer's secret weapon! Modern error management that gives you more than an email and a backtrace. They also have an amazing podcast: FounderQuest.
- Traverse City Ironman
- Thanks to Sarah McMullin for her enterprise sales advice
- Capiche – transparency in enterprise sales
- Shape Up (Basecamp)
- How to build your storybrand (book by Donald Miller)
- Badass! (book by Kathy Sierra)
- April Dunford on positioning (Live in the Feast podcast)
- Unix at 50 (Ars Technica)
You can reply to this podcast here:
- Leave a comment on PodHunt; it's like Reddit, but for podcasts.
- Leave a comment on Breaker, the podcast app for iPhone.
- Otherwise, get us on Twitter: @transistorfm or email us: email@example.com
Thanks to our monthly supporters:
- Russell Brown
- Evandro Sasse
- Pradyumna Shembekar (PD)
- Noah Prail
- David Colgan
- Robert Simplicio
- Colin Gray alitu.com
- Josh Smith
- Ivan Curkovic
- Brian Rhea (Pronounced “Ray”)
- Miguel Piedrafita
- Shane Smith
- Austin Loveless
- Simon Bennett
- Corey Haines
- Michael Sitver
- Paul Jarvis and Jack Ellis
- Dan Buda danbuda.com
- Darby Frey
- Samori Augusto
- Dave Young
- Brad from Canada
- Sammy Schuckert
- Dan Ericson
- Mike Walker
- Adam DuVander
- Dave Giunta (JOOnta)
- Kyle Fox GetRewardful.com