Building software for 2030
Will we still be supporting Internet Explorer in a decade?
This week on the program, Justin and Jon talk about:
- The new Transistor UI, and how folks are responding to it.
- "Damn the torpedoes!" – seeing if our update worked in IE11 after we deployed.
- Tobias Lütke, Shopify: “All the trends have been accelerated. The pandemic has moved everything forward 10 years. So now we need to build 2030 level software in 2020.”
- Restaurant trends:
- Bug bounties - what do other SaaS companies do with these?
- Mike Myers on Conan
You can reply to this podcast here:
- Twitter: @buildyoursaas, @mijustin, @jonbuda
- Leave a comment on PodHunt; it's like Reddit, but for podcasts.
- Email us: email@example.com
★ Bootstrapper shout-out of the week:
- "A web-scraping API that takes care of proxies and headless browsing for you so you'll never get blocked again while scraping."
- Used by companies like SAP and Zapier!
Thanks to our monthly supporters:
- Anton Zorin
- Bill Condo
- Sofia Quintero
- Chris Willow
- Mason Hensley
- Borja Soler teami.io
- Ward from MemberSpace.com
- Eric Lima
- James Sowers (like Flowers) with UserInput.io
- Travis Fischer
- Matt Buckley, from NiceThings.io
- Russell Brown
- Evandro Sasse
- Pradyumna Shembekar (PD), pradyumna.dev
- Noah Prail, eventOneHQ.com
- Robert Simplicio, Simplicio.com
- Colin Gray alitu.com
- Josh Smith, hellosift.com
- Ivan Curkovic
- Brian Rhea (Pronounced “Ray”)
- Shane Smith, dev.transistor.fm
- Austin Loveless
- Michael Sitver, letterjoy.co
- Paul Jarvis and Jack Ellis, usefathom.com
- Dan Buda danbuda.com
- Darby Frey
- Samori Augusto, thebicrowd.com
- Brad from Canada
- Sammy Schuckert
- Mike Walker
- Adam DuVander
- Dave Giunta (JOOnta)
- Kyle Fox GetRewardful.com
Justin has a special coupon for you: get 15% off your first year of podcasting transistor.fm/justin